Indera Kayangan Ballroom, The Empire Brunei, 8 November 2023 – Hengyi Industries Sdn. Bhd. (Hengyi Industries) reached a significant milestone with the signing of the Pulau Muara Besar Phase 2 Development Project Implementation Agreement with the Petroleum Authority of Brunei Darussalam (PA) and the Brunei Economic Development Board (BEDB). Concurrently, A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was also signed between Zhejiang University (ZJU) and Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD).
The event was held at the Indera Kayangan Ballroom, The Empire Brunei. Present as the guests of honour were Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General (Retired) Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi bin Haji Mohd Yussof, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Defence II; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr. Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Muhammad Juanda bin Haji Abdul Rashid, Minister of Development; and Mr Qiu Jianlin, Chairman of Zhejiang Hengyi Group Co. Ltd and Hengyi Industries.
Also present at the ceremony were Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Ahmad bin Pehin Orang Kaya Laila Setia Bakti Di-Raja Dato Laila Utama Haji Awang Isa, Attorney General; Yang Mulia Awang Haji Mohamad Azmi bin Haji Mohd Hanifah, Deputy Minister (Energy) at the Prime Minister’s Office; Yang Mulia Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Khairuddin bin Haji Abdul Hamid, Deputy Minister of Finance and Economy (Economy); Yang Mulia Pengiran Datin Seri Paduka Zety Sufina bin Pengiran Dato Paduka Haji Sani, Deputy Minister of Finance and Economy (Fiscal); Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Seri Haji Mohammad Irwan bin Haji Hambali, Commissioner of Police; permanent secretaries and deputy permanent secretaries from the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance and Economy, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Development, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Transport and Infocommunications as well as foreign dignitaries in Brunei Darussalam including His Excellency Dr. Xiao Jianguo, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to Brunei Darussalam.
The event began with the recitation of Surah Al-Fatihah and Doa Selamat, followed by opening remarks from Yang Berhormat Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Defence II, and Mr Qiu Jianlin, Chairman of Zhejiang Hengyi Group Co. Ltd and Hengyi Industries.
The signing of the Implementation Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding was preceded by a video presentation showcasing the milestones of the development and the socio-economic contributions of Hengyi Industries Phase 1 operations, and the expectations from the Phase 2 Project. The video also showcased the career opportunities and development of the local employees.
During the signing of the Implementation Agreement, Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Farida binti Dato Seri Paduka Haji Talib, Permanent Secretary (Energy) at the Prime Minister’s Office and Yang Mulia IR. Awang Haji Amer Hishamuddin bin Pehin Orang Kaya Amar Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Zakaria, Permanent Secretary (Infrastructure, Housing and Professional), Ministry of Development; and Yang Mulia Daniel Leong, Acting CEO of BEDB signed on behalf of PA and BEDB respectively, while Mr Chen Lian Cai, Chief Executive Officer of Hengyi Industries signed on behalf of Hengyi Industries.
The Implementation Agreement sets out the parameters, outlined jointly by PA and BEDB, which relates to the development, implementation and operations of Hengyi Industries’ Phase 2 Refinery and Petrochemical Complex at the PMB Industrial Park. The Phase 2 Project aims to contribute towards the development of the Downstream Oil and Gas sector in Brunei Darussalam; creating more local business opportunities through economic spin-offs thus propelling the nation closer towards the achievement of Wawasan Brunei 2035 and supporting the Economic Blueprint of Brunei Darussalam. It is anticipated that with the completion of the Phase 2 Project, an addition of more than 2,000 employment opportunities will be created and 50% of the employment opportunities will be allocated for Bruneians from the start ofoperations in 2029, further contributing to Brunei's socio-economic development.
Under the project, the complex will include development of processing facilities such as a 1.65MMTA ethylene cracker with a 2.5/2.2MMTA purified terephthalic acid/polyethylene terephthalate (PTA/PET) plant, as well as 3 new jetties. In addition, the project will increase the overall complex’s production capacity for refining crude to 11 million tonnes per year. The project will also equip the complex to produce more types of refined petroleum products such as ethylene, polyethylene, butadiene, and polypropylene. These products serve as vital raw materials for downstream industries, spanning from textiles to agriculture and automobile to electronics manufacturing.
Following the signing of the Implementation Agreement, the MoU was formalized with Yang Mulia Dr. Hazri bin Haji Kifle, Vice-Chancellor of UBD and Professor Shaobo Ren, Chairman of the Zhejiang University Council on behalf of Zhejiang University Council.
With the signing of the MoU, UBD, ZJU and Hengyi Industries will continue the joint collaboration programme for an additional 5 years, in which the students of UBD will have the opportunity to enrol in the joint-training Chemical and Process Engineering programme at UBD and ZJU. Since its inception in March 2014, this collaboration programme has produced a total of 117 graduates across ten intakes.
As part of the programme, the students will undergo 4 years of studies which consists of four semesters of academic studies with UBD, three semesters of studies with ZJU, and one semester with Hengyi Industries for Industrial Training Internship. Upon completion and graduation from the programme, the scholars will begin their career in the petrochemical industry at Hengyi Industries.
The event was concluded with an exhibition to showcase an overview of Hengyi Industries and its Phase 1 operations including achievements through various programmes including Phase 2 opportunities.
- Hengyi Industries Marks Historic Milestone with the Signing of Phase 2 Implementation Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding between Universiti Brunei Darussalam and Zhejiang University
- 382.6 kg of Waste collected from Serasa Beach as part of Hengyi Industries Beach Cleanup
- 21 Scholars under Batch 5 of Hengyi Industries – IBTE Joint Scholarship Programme departs for Lanzhou to continue their studies
- Scholarships awarded to 21 Bright IBTE Talents under Hengyi Industries – IBTE Joint Scholarship Programme
- 20 Scholars under Hengyi Industries & UBD Joint Scholarship Programme celebrate completion of online studies with Zhejiang University.
- First batch of scholars under Hengyi Industries – PB Joint Collaboration Programme given the opportunity to study abroad at Lanzhou Petrochemical University.
- 26 Students under the Hengyi Industries - IBTE Joint Scholarship Programme set to continue their studies at Lanzhou Petrochemical University
- Hengyi Industries Fifth Blood Donation Drive successfully collects 60 pints
- Hengyi Industries Hosts Khatam Al-Quran Ceremony in Conjunction with Ramadhan
- Hengyi Industries holds Donation Drive to Help Underprivileged Families and Orphans
- Hengyi Industries Awards 30 Scholarships to UBD Students and Ink a Memorandum of Understanding with IBTE
- 500 tree saplings planted in Hengyi Industries’ 6th Reforestation Project
- 54 pints of blood donated by Hengyi’s staff in Hengyi Industries’ 4th Donation Drive
- Hengyi Industries – Politeknik Brunei Joint-Collaboration Programme
- Hengyi Industries Nurtures Local Talents By Awarding 108 Students With Scholarships and Donated $50,000 to Al-Ameerah Al-Hajjah Maryam School
- Hengyi Industries presents certificate of graduation to scholars under the UBD – ZJU Joint Scholarship Programme
- Hengyi Industries forge new USD263 million finance agreement with BIBD, Baiduri Bank and TAIB
- Hengyi Industries Shares Insights on Meeting the Maqasid Al-Shariah in the O&G Sector during the Brunei MYCE 2022 Energy Symposium
- Hengyi Industries Awards 207 students from PB and IBTE with Conditional Offer of Employment
- Hengyi Industries Holds Online Khatam Al-Quran Ceremony in conjunction with the Month of Ramadhan
- Hengyi Industries held a Two-Day Ramadhan Donation Drive Campaign for the Less Fortunate
- Hengyi Industries Donated Essential Lab Supplies to MOH
- Hengyi Industries Organises Khatam Al-Quran To Mark the Month of Ramadhan
- Hengyi Industries enlivens the holy month of Ramadhan through donation
- Hengyi Industries Contributes to Increasing Brunei’s Carbon Sink with 5 th Reforestation Project
- Hengyi Industries Holds Open Day with Local Institutions
- Hengyi Industries launches the Clean Beach Initiative
- Hengyi Industries’ Staff Participated in Friendly Badminton Competition
- 52 Hengyi’s staff participated in Hengyi’s Third Blood Donation Drive
- Hengyi Industries Conducts Tier 3 Emergency Response Tabletop Exercise
- Hengyi Industried Signed “Third-Party Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS) Audit Service Contract” With Bureau Veritas Brunei
- Hengyi Industries planted 500 trees in 4th Reforestation Project
- 500 trees planted in Hengyi 3rd Reforestation Project
- Hengyi Industries Awards 2nd Batch of IBTE Scholarship
- Hengyi Industries Awards 23 Scholarships to UBD Students
- Hengyi’s Second Blood Donation Drive Collects 66 Pints of Blood
- Hengyi Donates Medical Supplies to Schools
- First Domestic Supply of Refined Fuel Products From Hengyi
- Hengyi Fosters The Spirit of Giving During Ramadhan
- Hengyi Donates USD$1 Million Medical Supplies & Equipment to Ministry of Health
- Hengyi Industries conducts IBTE – Lanzhou Scholarship Programme Roadshow
- Hengyi Industries Celebrated Brunei’s 36th National Day
- Hengyi Industries 2nd Reforestation
- HENGYI INDUSTRIES JOIN MAULUD NABI PROCESSION
- SAFETY CASE CERTIFICATE
- BSP, BSM ink commercial deals with Hengyi
- Hengyi Conducts Naga-5 Emergency Response Exercise
- PUBLIC NOTICE : MAJOR EMERGENCY TIER 3 LIVE EXERCISE AT PULAU MUARA BESAR
- PENGUMUMAN : LATIHAN KECEMASAN BESAR-BESARAN TIER 3 DI TAMAN PERINDUSTRIAN PULAU MUARA BESAR
- PMB Development Steering Committee visits Hengyi
- Hengyi Hosts First Blood Donation Drive at PMB
- 5th Batch of UBD Scholars Graduate from Zhejiang University & Presentation of Collection of Ancient Chinese Paintings to UBD
- Hengyi Holds Hari Raya Open House 2019
- HENGYI ORGANISES MAJLIS KHATAM AL-QURAN 2019
- HENGYI DONATION CEREMONY 2019
- Hengyi Holds Reforestation Project
- PEMBERITAHUAN KEPADA PELAUT PELAUT BIL: 14/2019 (T) ** NOTICE TO MARINERS NO: 14/2019 (P)
- Hengyi conducts Public Engagement Session March 2019
- Pentauliahan Peringkat Pertama / STG No.1 Commissioning
- Hengyi Industries Awards 1st Batch of IBTE Scholarship
NOTICE TO PUBLIC
STEAM AND AIR BLOWING TO PIPELINES AND EQUIPMENT BY HENGYI INDUSTRIES SDN BHD AT PULAU MUARA BESAR
- Hengyi Industries Holds 6th Batch Scholarship Signing Ceremony
- Hengyi Industries Hosts Chinese New Year Gathering
- Hengyi Industries Hold Friendly Basketball Match
- Hengyi updates stakeholders on PMB Project Progress
- Hengyi updates stakeholders on PMB Project Progress April 2018
- Hengyi Industries take part in 24th National Traditional Boat Race Championship 2018
- Narcotics Control Bureau Roadshow
- Hengyi Industries take part in friendly sports match with Muara Police Station, Brunei-Muara Police District
- Fire & Rescue Department Conduct Training at PMB
- Successful delivery of the first batch of heavy cargos to the construction site for Hengyi PMB Petrochemical Project
- 11 UBD students to complete studies at Zhejiang University
- 619 PPK trainees join Hengyi’s PMB project
- Hengyi updates stakeholders on PMB Project Progress
- Inauguration Ceremony of Hengyi Industries International Private Limited, Singapore
- Hengyi reaches out to the less fortunate 2017
- Hengyi Updates Community on PMB Progress
- Hengyi Ambassador of The People’s Republic of China visits Hengyi’s Refinery Site at PMB
- Energy Division & Bank of China officials visit Hengyi’s Plant Site at PMB
- Hengyi Engaged Communicate on PMB Progress
- Chairman Qiu’s site visit to PMB
- Hengyi’s Cleaning Campaign on PMB
- Minister of Energy & Industry visits Hengyi’s Refinery Site at PMB
- Hengyi Celebrates End of Year Family Day
- Marine Department working visit to Hengyi’s Refinery Site at PMB
- Hengyi briefed Community in Open Dialogue
- HYBN participated in Brunei's 32nd National Day parade
- Hengyi Industries Signs Scholarship Agreements with UBD students
- Deputy Minister of Finance visit to Hengyi’s Refinery Site at PMB
- China Foregin Minister Visits PMB 2016
- Hengyi engaged Community in Open Dialogue
- China Development Bank briefed on Hengyi’s Refinery Project
- Hengyi’s ‘Keep Brunei Clean’ Campaign at PMB
- Hengyi industries holds blood donation campaign
- Hengyi reaches out to the less fortunate
- UBD Scholars Graduate from Zhejiang University
- Hengyi engaged Community in Open Dialogue
- Ambassador of The People’s Republic of China visit Hengyi’s Refinery Site at PMB
- Hengyi Industries Signs Scholarship Agreements with UBD & Jefri Bolkiah students
- Hengyi’s ‘Keep Brunei Clean’ 2015 Campaign at PMB